Everyone is always trying to improve their golf game. It always amazes me at the training aids and contraptions that people will put on, over or around their body all in the sake of trying to improve their golf swing. It just should not be that hard! Here are the five things you need to implement into your golf game that will undoubtedly improve your handicap:
1. Learn the fundamentals – There are many ways to learn how to play golf that do not break the bank. No matter what level you learn to play the game, you will always go back to the fundamentals when your golf swing gets out of whack. You can find a golf instruction book written by a top instructor or a golf instruction DVD to improve your game. If you are just starting to play golf, then a clinic would be a great way to be introduced to the game.
2. Get a club fitting – Having a set of clubs that fit you specifically is very important. This is usually included in the price of a new set of golf clubs. It is very important to find a certified club fitter who fits on a regular basis. Do not be scared or intimidated to ask how often they fit someone to a set of golf clubs and what are their qualifications are to fit you. Finding a good and qualified club fitter can make the game much easier and much more enjoyable for you!
3. Improve your flexibility – This is for all golfers no matter what your age currently is. Everybody wants to hit it farther and straighter. This can simply be achieved by beginning a golf flexibility program. It does not need to take much time but proper flexibility is crucial to being able to perform at your highest level. Again, this does not need to be an expensive affair. There are many golf fitness books or golf fitness DVDs by top fitness professionals that can lay out a stretching program for you.
4. Track your stats – You do this in business every day but when it comes to your golf game, nothing. To improve your game you are going to need to change what you are currently doing or else you will get the same result. You need to know your strengths and your weaknesses. You can simply do this by jotting down how many fairways and greens that you hit during your round as well, as tracking the number of putts on each green and how many times you get up and down. After just a few rounds you will start to see a pattern develop and devote your practice time as needed.
5. Get the ball past the hole – This seems like common sense however it rarely happens in most mid to high handicappers’ golf game. It rarely happens on the green but even more so with your approach shots into greens. Most have a hard time thinking that they cannot hit their seven iron a certain distance. Last time I checked, the game was to put the ball in the hole as fast as you can. Most of the trouble that surrounds a green is typically in the front of the green. What does taking a different club hurt?
By simply implementing these five ideas into your golf game, you will improve your handicap and more importantly you will increase your enjoyment of the game.
VGS has customers in Kingwood, TX, Birmingham, Alabama, Carmel, Indiana, Mesa, Arizona, San Jose, California, Kansas City, Missouri, Los Angeles, California, Franklin, Tennessee, Lexington, Kentucky, Las Cruces, New Mexico, San Antonio, TX, Burbank, CA, Boston, MA, Stuart, Florida, Melbourne, FL and Rockville, Maryland.